Listen Live

HomeNewsCollege of the Rockies to receive just over $101,000 in provincial funding

College of the Rockies to receive just over $101,000 in provincial funding

The College of the Rockies is set to receive $101,950 from the provincial government to improve Adult Basic Education and English Language Learning Pathways programs.

B.C. Government officials said the money will help students improve or acquire skills n English, math and science.

“Too often, people wanting to improve their work opportunities experience barriers that restrict their ability to prepare for the meaningful career and life they want in B.C.,” said Selina Robinson, Minister of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills.

“This government is increasing access to learning and upgrading supports, in addition to initiatives in our Future Ready Action Plan, helping British Columbians reach their fullest potential and meet the labour force demands of today and tomorrow.”

- Advertisement -

The College of the Rockies is receiving funding as part of a $3.8 million grant program aimed at B.C.’s public post-secondary schools.

“The Pathways programming is intended to support people in getting the pre-requisites they need to access high-priority programs, including in the areas of health care, early childhood education, skilled trades and technology,” said B.C. government officials.

The program is tailored differently to fit the needs of each individual school, such as  those of Indigenous students, students living in rural areas or students who are new to Canada.

“Pathways are also tailored to in-demand careers, such as health care, early childhood education, skilled trades and technology,” said the provincial government.

The College of the Rockies is one of 12 institutions set to receive a portion of the funding.

• Camosun College ($240,625)
  • College of New Caledonia ($112,924)
  • College of the Rockies ($101,950)
  • Douglas College ($139,916)
  • Kwantlen Polytechnic University ($183,911)
  • Langara College ($574,104)
  • North Island College ($249,973)
  • Northern Lights College ($204,500)
  • Okanagan College ($396,000)
  • Selkirk College ($474,952)
  • Thompson Rivers University ($152,750)
  • Vancouver Island University ($1,000,000)
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading