Santa Claus is getting ready to visit Cranbrook on Christmas Eve for his annual tour of the community.
Cranbrook Fire and Emergency Services are honoured to continue the decades-old tradition by escorting St. Nick around town.
“We are so excited to have Santa agree to take time out of his hectic Christmas Eve schedule to spend time with us,” said Scott Driver, Director of Cranbrook Fire and Emergency Services. “We have been working closely with the team at the North Pole the past few weeks getting everything organized and the route planned. This is always a highlight of our year to be able to escort Santa year after year, and see the happy faces of all the kids – both young and old.”
Santa’s tour of the city will launch at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 24.
City officials said he will be escorted through the community by off-duty members of Cranbrook Fire & Emergency Services, who will make every effort to have Santa visit as many areas of Cranbrook as possible.
The schedule below is an estimate of what the tour will look like:
- 4 p.m.-5 p.m. – Steeples School and Park Royal area
- 5 p.m.-6 p.m. – Fire Hall and Highlands School area
- 6 p.m.-7 p.m. – Kinsmen Park and Kootenay Orchards School area
- 7 p.m.-8 p.m. – 11th Avenue – 14th Avenue, Gordon Terrace, Parkland School and T. M. Roberts School area
- 8 p.m.-9 p.m. – Gyro and Rotary Park areas
- 9 p.m.-9:30 p.m. – Slater Rd. Echo Field Rd areas