Ferne’s Chamber of Commerce held its annual Business Excellence Awards on Friday, October 25, giving recognition to 13 different local businesses and individuals.
The sold-out event saw over 150 people in attendance from different sectors of Fernie’s business community.
The award winners are as follows.
- 2019 Citizen of the Year awarded to Martin Brock.
- 2019 Volunteer of the Year Award went to Lynn Henderson.
- Fernie Seniors Society was given the 2019 Spirit of Fernie Award.
- Snow Valley Lodging received the 2019 Community Tourism Achievement Award.
- The 2019 Outstanding Customer Service Award was won by Gearhub.
- Stocked Co. was the winner of the 2019 New Business of the Year Award.
- Fernie Distillers was the recipient of the 2019 Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- McGiver Woodworks received the award for the 2019 Team of the Year.
- The 2019 Employer of the Year was given out to the Western Financial Group.
- The year’s Community Leadership Award was achieved by Island Lake Lodge.
- Walter Ingram with Fernie Home Hardware was the recipient of the 2019 Chamber Legacy Award.
- The People’s Choice Award was won by Bridge Bistro.
- And finally, Fernie’s 2019 Business of the Year Award was handed to Coal Town Goods.