Fernie’s Chamber of Commerce honoured local businesses, organizations and individuals in the annual awards night gala.
12 trophies were given out at the 2022 Fernie Business Excellence Awards at the Saturday night event.
Fernie Chamber officials said more than 100 people were at the Rusty Edge to honour the local business community.
“The Fernie Chamber of Commerce would like to thank everyone who nominated, all the nominees, the finalists, and the winners,” said Chamber officials. “A special thank you to TC Energy & Surerus Murphy Joint Ventures who were the title sponsors, as well as all the other sponsors who made the event possible.”
A list of the winners in each category can be found below.
- .Citizen of the Year – sponsored by the City of Fernie.
- Pat Gilmar
- Community Group of the Year – sponsored by Columbia Basin Trust.
- Fernie Women’s Resource Centre
- New Business of the Year – sponsored by Fernie Alpine Resort.
- Drift & Sonder Lifestyle Shop and Refillery
- Community Tourism Achievement – sponsored by Tourism Fernie.
- Wapiti Music Festival Society
- Employer of the Year – sponsored by College of the Rockies.
- Gearhub Sports
- Environmental Sustainability Award – sponsored by Ski Base.
- Fernie Fox Hotel
- Businessperson of the Year – sponsored by the Free Press.
- Kurt Saari (Nevados Restaurant)
- Outstanding Customer Service Award – sponsored by Western Financial Group.
- Spa 901
- Business Innovation Award – sponsored by Fernie Fox Hotel.
- Fernie Brewing Co.
- Chamber Business Legacy Award – sponsored by Claris Media.
- Fernie Meat Market
- Fernie Business of the Year – sponsored by TC Energy & Surerus Murphy.
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate
- People’s Choice Award – Rockies Law Corporation.
- OrganicTan Fernie