Listen Live

HomeNewsCollege of the Rockies resumes international education

College of the Rockies resumes international education

Employees and students at the College of the Rockies will be able to travel for international education after a two-year hiatus.

College officials said it is part of the Canadian Government’s International Youth Internship Program this spring, which will send six Canadians to Kenya and Dominica for six months.

Four interns will work with Kenyan institutions to develop and implement gender equality strategies.

Meanwhile, two other interns will head to Dominica to support student affairs efforts with Dominica State College or help out a community-based organization in developing training opportunities for at-risk populations.

- Advertisement -

“Learning across borders is an important part of a 21st-century education,” said Kerry Brinkert, Manager, International Partnerships. “Students, employees, and other young Canadians are better able to develop the cross-cultural skills that can enhance their career options in today’s global marketplace.”

College officials said four employees will travel to Kenya to support institutions in introducing new programs as part of Young Africa Works in Kenya.

On top of that, eight students from the College will go to Andorra in the Pyrenees Mountains of Europe for two weeks to take part in a Mountain Sustainability Field School.

“Students will spend five days trekking through the mountains of Andorra, a country that serves as a living laboratory to explore sustainability issues. Participating students represent programs as diverse as Tourism Management, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University General Studies, and Environmental Sciences,” said College of the Rockies staff.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading