Listen Live

HomeNewsCollege of the Rockies Receives $23,000 Bursary for Students

College of the Rockies Receives $23,000 Bursary for Students

College students could be in for a helping hand as Southern Interior Development Initiative Trust is contributing $23,000 in bursaries.

According to the College, full-time students that originate from the Southern Interior will be eligible for the bursary program.

“SIDIT has more than doubled their annual contribution to our scholarship and awards program, committing to provide $23,000 each year from 2019 to 2021,” said Graham Knipfel, Director of Donor and Alumni Engagement. “Individual awards can range from $250 up to $1,500, based on the needs of recipients, so this contribution will help remove financial barriers for our students while supporting their education right here in the East Kootenay.”

The College added that the SIDIT was created and funded by the provincial government to promote economic growth in the Southern interior. SIDIT aims to attract and encourage technology, trades and academic skills development in an effort to support industries throughout B.C.

- Advertisement -

The College encourages students to take advantage of bursaries and scholarships offered to them.

“The application process is often simple and definitely worth any time and effort involved.  Applications for fall bursaries are due by November 1, so now is a great time to get started,” said Lois Murray, College of the Rockies’ Financial Assistance and Awards Officer.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading