With only mail-in ballots left to count, Rob Morrison has won Kootenay-Columbia for the Conservatives in the 2021 Federal Election.
As of 8 a.m. on Tuesday, the Conservatives are ahead in Kootenay Columbia, holding 26,813 votes with 99.6% of the polls reporting.
According to Morrison’s campaign staff, there are 4,353 votes that were sent in by mail, with the Conservatives in the lead by a margin of 4,673.
Please note, these results are not final. Final results will not be available until mail-in ballots are certified and counted.
That process does not begin until Tuesday, September 21st.
Elections Canada reports that the process may take two to five days.
An official winner will be declared once mail-in ballots are counted.
Results as of 8 a.m.:
- Conservative Party – Rob Morrison (incumbent) – Votes: 26,813 – 43.8%
- New Democratic Party – Wayne Stetski – Votes: 22,140 – 36.2%
- Liberal Party – Robin Goldsbury – Votes: 5,474 – 9%
- People’s Pary of Canada – Sarah Bennett – Votes: 4,316 – 7.1%
- Green Party – Rana Nelson – Votes: 2,407 – 3.9%